11 Ikonic Artists to Watch Out For in 2018
2018 will be a year of musical evolutions, boundary-breaking and a definite increase of females in hip-hop. Below, I've listed 11 absolutely IKONIC artists you need to be on the look out for in 2018, some you know very well and others you may not. 2017 proved that "urban" music is worldwide music, the 2018 Grammys have proved that as well. Check out my list below !
- Cardi B without a doubt is only warming up; she's made great strides in 2017, monumental, historical strides actually and 2018 will only increase her fame, artistry and worldwide appeal.
- Young M.A remained rather quiet in 2017 but I believe she's only gearing up for a huge 2018 - it's typically quiet before the storm - let's not forget how great of a time it is to be a female in hip-hop.
- Drake released More Life in 2017 but other than that he didn't releases much else, but in 2018 he'll definitely set the world on fire and release another undeniable top-charting album.
- Leikeli 47 released her indisputable album Wash & Set and if my predictions are correct she won't stop pushing that project in 2018 amid creating new material as well. She's such an idiosyncratic individual , there's definitely no one else like her.
- Gregory Lamont, Atlanta native, rapper, singer and songwriter, released some hits this year like "Walk Over You" and "Dreams" produced by Ashilee Ashilee. Lamont and Ashilee are a duo made in music heaven and 2018 will be the year you know both of their names in a big way, mark my words!
- Dream Doll certainly stirred up some fame with her hit single "Talk to Me Nice" and she won't stop in 2018, the momentum is building gradually and I'm sure she has something super ikonic up her sleeve in 2018.
- Joyner Lucas, will never stop, he's hungry and apparently has bars for days, 2018 will be another huge year for the young rising G.O.A.T.
- Neisha Neshae, the Detroit fire-cracker, will continue to help lead the return of the Detroit sound.
- Rapsody, no new-comer to the music scene but definitely an earner of some much deserved fame and Grammy nominations this year will only continue the wave into the new year, you don't pick up speed just to slow down.
- Lizzo , the bold and fearless, MC and overall creative rendered some much deserved attention with "Water Me," think she'll stop in 2018? I doubt it.
- Kash Doll has been quiet this year due to some legal issues but we recently heard her on Big Sean's "Double or Nothing" and soon to hear more from the Young Queen, she's going to go off in 2018, count on it!